Sunday, July 20, 2008

CAT FIGHT CAT FIGHT! Danica Patrick is involved in another confrontation, only this time it's with IRL's other female driver.



LEXINGTON, Ohio (AP) – If Saturday is any indication, the Honda Indy 200 may be just more of the same struggles that Danica Patrick has faced so many times in the past three months.

Patrick, who started a career-best second here a year ago, was 11th in the morning practice at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

After getting out of her car, Patrick quickly walked to where Milka Duno, the only other woman racing here this weekend, was pitted and confronted the less experienced driver about getting in her way several times during the practice.

The confrontation lasted only about a minute, but witnesses said it grew heated and that Duno flung a towel in Patrick’s direction at one point as the two exchanged words. Patrick eventually walked away.

Patrick, who has previously confronted fellow drivers Dan Wheldon and Ryan Briscoe after racing incidents, brushed off the latest dustup, saying, “I just wanted to know if she saw me out there.”

Duno was not immediately available for comment.

Things didn’t get better for Patrick after the confrontation.

She failed to get past the first of three rounds in the knockout-style time trials and will start 20th on the 26-car grid in Sunday’s race. Duno qualified last.

“The car was pretty fast during practice this morning, but I was unable to find the speed that I needed during qualifying,” Patrick said. “I’m disappointed that I didn’t qualify better, knowing that I started on the front row last year.

“But there are some areas of the course where I will be able to make some passes. It’s a long race, so, hopefully, I can work my way up the field.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home